Men choose to become Masons for many reasons. From fulfilling a family legacy to forming connections with our American founding fathers and kings that walked the earth hundreds of years ago. From engaging on a personal journey of enlightenment to participating in philanthropy and community-building activities. These are all valid and common reasons men begin the journey of Freemasonry. Though similar, all men have their own set of interests and personal goals which incite him to “knock” on the door of Freemasonry.
Some men go their entire lives knowing many Masons and feeling slighted for never having been invited to join the lodge. Actually, no Mason has been invited to join a lodge and every Mason that ever was has come to Masonry out of their own free will and accord. Essentially, all a man that meets the requirements below has to do, is knock on the door of Freemasonry and it will be opened to him.
If you are not ready to knock on that door of Freemasonry yet, feel free to like us on Facebook, follow our news on RSS and subscribe via email. Please also contact the Secretary below with all questions – general and specific.
THE PROCESS OF PETITIONING LAKEWOOD LODGE NO. 601
- Obtain a petition for membership from the lodge Secretary or another Mason who is a member of Lakewood 601
- Have two brothers from Lakewood Lodge No. 601 sign your petition, recommending you for membership
- Meet with a few more brothers for a General Committee meeting
- Meet with another group of brothers at your home for home visitation
- We will vote on your petition and you will be notified of the date and time to report for your Entered Apprentice Degree
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN TO MEN WHO:
- Have been an Ohio resident for at least six months
- Are at least 19 years old
- Have a belief in a Supreme Being
- Live a good moral and social life
- Do not advocate the overthrow of the government
- Can read and write English
- Are recommended by 2 members of Lakewood Lodge 601
NEXT STEPS TO BECOMING A FREEMASON AND JOINING LAKEWOOD LODGE NO. 601:
- Contact any member of Lakewood Lodge #601 and let them know you are interested in becoming a Freemason
OR if you don’t know any members yet
- Reach out to our lodge Secretary Steve Toth at email